Sunday, November 16, 2014

Man hits woman on NYC subway...

Last night, I happened to catch this video starring Whoopi Goldberg and the rest of the ladies on The View.



Before I saw this video, I had not heard about Jorge Pena and his unfortunate meeting with 21 year old Danay Howard and her posse.

Today, I read about what happened.  Jorge Pena, a 6 foot 6 inch former pitcher for a minor league baseball team, was riding the subway in New York City when he was accosted by Danay Howard.  She took issue with the jacket he was wearing, which she claimed was out of style.  As her friends egged her on, Howard harassed Pena on the train until finally, she struck him with her 6 inch high heel shoe.  The shoe caused Pena to start bleeding.  He slapped her, and then a huge brawl ensued.  It was all captured on video.

I have to admit, I couldn't help but laugh at the video, mainly because people were being profane.



Tomo News offers a hilarious report about this...

In all seriousness, I think the woman who hit that man deserved exactly what she got.  Pena was originally charged with a misdemeanor, but the charges were dropped when the police determined that he acted in self defense.  Howard was charged with felonious assault.  Hope she does a little time.





2 comments:

  1. I, too, hope she does time. I cannot deal with such uncivil people. The poor guy was minding his own business. At leaset he was big enough to defend himself. The b!tch probably wouldn't have liked what I was wearing today or yestrday or before, either, and if she'd hit me with her shoe, there would have been precious little I could have done about it. i think her sentence should in effect be doubled because of the effect of women making false accusations against men. Notice that it appears he was the first one charrged, presumabkly because he was male.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in all seriousness, that incident must have been horrifying for that guy. He seems pretty gentle and he was confronted by hostile women who just wanted to pick on someone. People need to learn to keep their hands to themselves.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.