Sunday, November 2, 2014

"It's like a fucking Golden Grahams commercial in here..."

Those were the first words out of my mouth this morning as I opened my eyes to very bright sunlight.  We have big windows in the bedroom and as the sun rises, it comes into the room and floods it with golden sun.  Consequently, this morning, I was reminded of this ad.


Notice how very bright and sunny it is as these people enjoy their breakfast...  that was how I felt as my eyes adjusted to "God's spotlight".

Bill thought my comment was funny, but I didn't think it was as funny as an exchange that happened on one of the local Facebook groups.  Yesterday, it was All Saints Day.  Most everything in this part of Germany, which is a very Catholic area, was closed.

A newcomer posted on Facebook wanting to know if anything would be open yesterday, since she and her family were afflicted with "cabin fever".  People gave her plenty of suggestions.  One guy said she should visit a place called "Erospark", which he claimed is open 365 days a year.

Another poster, a guy who appears to be a rather accomplished soldier, asked if the dude actually meant "Europa Park", which is an amusement park located near the French border.  He said he'd Googled "Erospark" and it was a local whorehouse.  (Prostitution is legal in Germany.)

"I'm not really wanting to take my family there." he added.

For some reason, that made me crack up!  But then the guy who posted "Erospark", which I think he did on purpose, based on some of his other posts, came back and wrote:

"No, no, that's the place I meant. There is an OBI across the street (or maybe a Hornbach), I drop my kids off at so they can wander the aisles while Daddy heads next door."

Sometimes military folks can be very funny.  I notice a lot of people don't like the guy, though, because he's always posting stuff that is inflammatory, bordering on trollish.  

Yesterday, he told some lady that it's common for Germans to leave their kids in the backseat of the car while they attend church.  It is true that kids aren't really welcome in church services if they are noisy, but the bit about leaving kids in the backseats of cars during church is likely bollocks.  And he has been known to stir up shit by getting people riled up over things.  Like, for instance, he started a complaint about high school cheerleaders wearing football uniforms for a pep rally.  He claimed it's insulting to transgendered people when girls cross dress.  Of course, that is ridiculous.  It sure got people going, though.

Here was another discovery from yesterday...


Woman does three consecutive forty day fasts, aka 120 days...  the physical and emotional transformation is very creepy.  

The guy who made the above video also made these two...



While I'm not an atheist, I have to admit this was pretty funny.  

Guess we'll go purchase some food today... and some drapes, so our Golden Grahams mornings might be minimized.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.