Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Duggar-Dillard nuptials...

Just a few thoughts on the latest episode of 19 Kids and Counting.  They are in no particular order.

1.  Erin Bates Paine's piano playing reminded me a bit of Liberace playing with broken fingers or Richard Carpenter at Christmas time.  It was a bit too fancy and overwrought for my taste... and too loud.


An example of Erin's playing.  She really likes to embellish.

  2.  I actually did get a bit choked up watching, though the build up to the ceremony was a bit tedious.  Weddings make me verklempt.  At the same time, I'm glad my wedding is long over with.

3.  WTF was Michelle Duggar wearing?  That dress was a monstrosity.

4.  I truly like Jill and Derick.  I hope they enjoy a long and happy marriage.  I used to think Jill was a bit of a Kool-Aid drinker, but she has really blossomed into a beautiful young woman.  And Derick doesn't seem like a dipshit.

5.  It'll be interesting to compare this wedding with Jessa's, which will happen on Saturday.

6.  Did JimBoob really lead Ben Seewald around by the tie as if he were a dog on a leash?  I think that's a sign of things to come.  Hope Ben's been to obedience school.

7.  I think it must be exhausting to be a Duggar.  They're forever doing shit... scavenger hunts and counseling and family meetings...

8.  I suspect the older kids are going to be married off apace now, but at a steady pace so that the ratings can be sustained.

9.  I'm dying for one of those Duggar kids to break loose and live life on their own terms.

10.  I think Jill borrowed one of Michelle's ugly button down blouses with the cap sleeves.

11.  Does Michelle have osteoporosis?  She looks really short.

12.  All in all, it was a nicer ceremony than Joshie's.


And these are unrelated, but I wanted to share them because they're kinda funny...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.