Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Zane kicks the boot...

Bill took Zane back to the vet yesterday to have his paw pad checked.  The vet re-wrapped it and said to bring him back on Thursday.  Up until last night, he had been tolerating the wrapping very well, but then I think it started to itch and get on his nerves.  He started running around the house in the middle of the night and kept trying to chew it off.  I worried that it might have been too tight or something, so I unwrapped his paw, which he then frantically started chewing because it itched.

He finally settled down some.  I wish I'd had some Benadryl, which could have helped with the itching and getting him to calm down.  But we don't have any in the house right now because I forgot to get some last time we were shopping.  Being the worrywart that I am, I started thinking of all the horrible things that could go wrong... like a bad infection or mast cell tumors showing up.  That kept me up for awhile, until I finally drifted off to sleep.  He seems fine today, though.  He's not limping and the paw doesn't look too much worse for wear.

Then the last molar that hasn't yet been crowned and has a big filling in it has started annoying me, which means I'm going to be back in the dentist's chair soon.  Joy.  I really hate getting crowns.  It took awhile to get used to the last one I had done.  At the same time, I'd rather not have a dental emergency or need a root canal, though if this filling falls apart, I'm pretty sure that's what could be coming.  I wish to God I had taken better care of my teeth when I was a kid.

My mom had her surgery yesterday and is supposedly doing fine.  My sister says she's "loopy" due to the painkillers.  I'd expect that.  In fact, I'm sure it's entertaining in an odd sort of way.

The property managers in Texas decided to give us the rest of our security deposit.  They went to Housing 1 Source, who were our original property managers, and they confirmed that the window was broken before we moved in.  They also evidently paid to repair it.  So that situation turned out okay, even though I still hated renting from them.  I'm just glad we don't have to litigate.

Bill left looking really spiffy this morning.  Apparently, some folks from the home office are coming in, so he decided to wear a suit.  He cleans up nicely, though I miss the Army ACUs.

Hopefully, our cars will be here soon.  I'd like to be able to get out of here at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.