Friday, August 1, 2014

The month from hell is over now...

Poor Bill worked all day long without a break yesterday.  He said the carpet guys got to the house at 9:15, started working, then had to leave because some part of their equipment malfunctioned.  The movers didn't get started until about 10:00am and though their foreman thought they'd be done by 2:00, they worked until about 5:30.  The carpet guys got the carpet cleaned and Bill says it looks marginally better, though still not perfect.  Anyway, he got back to the hotel at about 7:00, exhausted and hungry.  He didn't even have time to eat lunch.

I spent the day entertaining the dogs, which was somewhat easy.  Once I got them to relieve themselves properly, they napped for a good part of the day.  They did bark a bit at noise in the hallway.  Then I took them for a walk and they ran into a hotel employee who said they "looked like they hadn't missed many meals"... which is an odd thing to say about my dogs since both of them are in great shape.  I got the sense he was admiring them, though... until they started to bay.  I have no idea what they smelled, but it made them go off.

We went to visit Bill's mom, which was nice.  I was glad to get out of the hotel.  We had $75 worth of Olive Garden gift cards, so we bought dinner and still had enough left for a decent tip.  Bill and I almost never eat at the Olive Garden, but last night's dinner was pretty good.  Mother-in-law seemed to enjoy it.

As Bill was cleaning up the house, a woman and her daughter stopped by to inquire.  They were interested in the pool.  But they were shocked when they heard how much we were paying, especially since the house is nasty.  I posted on Facebook that I never had to go back to "that house" again, and got about 45 likes.  I thought that was pretty funny.

I reminded Bill to take a lot of pictures of the condition the house was in when we left it.  I have a feeling we might need them.  I hope we won't, though.  Really, I'd just like to be done with the whole ordeal.

I have high hopes for August.  Today, we're going back to Bill's mom's house for breakfast and laundry.  Bill will turn in the rental car.  We'll spend one more night here; then tomorrow, Bill's mom will drive us to Houston and we'll be on our way to our next adventure.  I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. I dont think The Pope is fat at all, but every time Dr. Jeff sees him, he says sarcastically that he's going to report my family to the SPCA for starving our dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zane is very finicky about his food, but is a normal weight. Arran will eat anything, but is very lean. He's the only dog we've had who I've had to work to get weight on.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.