Monday, August 18, 2014

Sims 2... back in my life again!

I don't make it a habit to search the apps store on iTunes.  Yesterday, someone posted about a beer app on iTunes, so I went looking for it.  I couldn't find it, but did find The Sims 2.  Uh oh...  For $30, I could get sucked back into my favorite of the Sims gaming franchise.

In 2004, when the Sims 2 first came on the market, I very enthusiastically bought the game and really got into it after being a latecomer to the original Sims game of the late 1990s and early 2000s.  I think the original Sims game was very creative and it was a lot of fun to play.  But the Sims 2 offered freedoms that the original game didn't have.  While the original Sims was probably more creative and in some ways more fun, I got into the Sims 2 more.

I played it all the time and totally filled up my hard drive on my crappy PC.  And then the Sims 3 came out.  I dutifully purchased it and ended up hating it.  While I was very enthusiastic about buying all the expansion packs for the first two Sims games, the Sims 3 didn't interest me much at all.  In fact, I really missed Sims 2.

So yesterday, I saw it being offered for $30.  Though it's a bit of a resource hog, I decided I had to have it.  I downloaded it.  And now, I'm hooked again, at least until Sims 4 comes out.  I don't know if I'll bother with Sims 4 or not.  I doubt I'll get it right when it's released, especially since I'm on a Mac in Germany.  Also, if it's like the Sims 3, I doubt it will interest me.

And to think I went to graduate school for three years so I can sit on my ass and play Sims games...  crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.