Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mom's doing well...

Just got an email from my sister.  Our mom is doing well – the surgery went as planned (two lumpectomies) and her recuperation has been smooth. They didn’t find any cancer in the peripheral nodes, so seems like the cancer was contained. She has follow up visits with the radiation doctor and an oncologist on Sept 18 and 19.  

I called my mom a few minutes ago and she's in a good mood.  Another one of my sisters is with her now, helping her recuperate.  Looks like everything will be alright for the time being.  

2 comments:

  1. What a major relief that must be to everyone. Are they looking at radiation as a precaution?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet. She will find out when she visits the doctors mid month. She has another date with the surgeon this week.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.