Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mom is having her surgery today...

She's scheduled to go in at 10:30am.  There are two small cancerous masses and at this point, they are only planning to do a lumpectomy, though that could change once they see what they're dealing with. My eldest sister is there right now and Mom supposedly has only asked her to cook for her.

I took the dogs out for a walk this morning.  It's raining and chilly.  They rain into a cute little pug who was very quietly doing his business with his German owner.  Fortunately, his mom wasn't too upset about my very noisy but friendly hounds.  They sniffed and wagged tails, though, which was a good thing.  I always worry how my dogs will be received.

Zane still has the big lump on his hip from his rabies shot.  I'm a bit worried about it because he's had it so long.  I'm about 90% sure it's nothing, but I still hate to see it because it doesn't seem to be getting smaller.  Fortunately, our household goods are due in a few days, which means we can get set up in the house and start making things more livable.  Once we're settled, we can pay a visit to the vet.  It'll probably be the same one who took care of Flea and MacGregor when we were here last time.  Actually, I think the German vet only saw Flea because MacGregor didn't have any health issues.  But as we are now no longer military, it's probably best to just have the German vet do everything for us.  Getting in to the Army vet in Germany is a major pain in the ass.

We're still hunting for the boxes of stuff we sent here general delivery, which apparently got sent back to Texas...  It's pretty sad when your furniture is faster than the US mail.  I'm kind of annoyed that the post office folks here would just send stuff back rather than hanging on to it for awhile.  I hope that stuff isn't lost forever, although most of what was sent wasn't particularly valuable.

I guess the next step is to get ourselves a washer, dryer, and decent sized fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.