Wednesday, July 30, 2014

In a hotel...

Yesterday, less than two hours before the prospective appointment, the real estate idiots called again for another showing.  My house looks like a tornado hit it.  There is stuff strewn all over the place.  No matter.  We gotta show the shitty house, despite the fact that I'm tired, sweaty, and in dire need of a shower and a cold beer.

So these folks made an appointment from 6:00 to 7:00.  Because we no longer have a bed in the house, we had plans to go to a hotel last night.  But we had to wait for the real estate idiots because Bill needed to deadbolt the door.  It's not unheard of for real estate idiots not to lock up after they leave.

So we waited...  and they showed up at 6:57, just as Bill was taking all the trash out (there was a lot). The real estate dick was all "Didn't they tell you we were coming?"

Bill looked at his watch and said, "From 6 to 7."

So then the guy asks if we're the homeowners and how we like the neighborhood.  Bill was honest.  He showed the cute pregnant lady who was with her husband the blood spots on the driveway.  They are mostly washed away now.  Their tour lasted less than five minutes; then they were out.  I think they could tell we were irritated, although Bill was his usually super nice self and welcomed them.   When they were finished looking, the lady said to me, "Thanks for letting us see the house.  Mine will soon look like this too."  They seemed like a nice couple... too nice for that neighborhood. I know I looked pissy, but then that's how I usually feel when I'm moving... especially when I also have to deal with prospective tenants.

I get that the house needs to be shown, but I think forcing us to deal with these folks when we're in the midst of packing and cleaning is a huge waste of time.  It pisses us off and makes us less inclined to be positive about the property or the property managers.  Also,  who wants to lease a house that looks like shit?  It'll be cleaned up on Thursday afternoon and much more presentable.  And we won't be there to send out bad vibes.  I have to say, this particular property management group has been especially aggravating to deal with.  I look forward to writing a complete review once we're safely out of our lease.

I think our landlord needs to drop the rent a bit.  It's too high for the area and that house.  He got lucky with us because of the situation we were in last year.  I will never make that mistake again.

We loaded up our pimpmobile rental car and drove to a La Quinta way on the other side of San Antonio, because it's close to where Bill's mom lives and she's driving us to the airport in Houston on Saturday.  It takes about 40 minutes to get to our soon to be former home from this property.

The good news is that the storage folks are coming today to pack up the rest of our stuff.  Hopefully, they will be able to load it.  Tomorrow, the carpet guy is coming.  I don't intend to be there for that.  Friday, we will rest up, relax, take care of any unfinished business, and Saturday, we're out of here.

The dogs are being pretty good so far.  Zane only barked once last night when I was eating my dinner.  Hopefully, they will continue to be good hotel guests when we're in Germany.  Germans love dogs, but only when they are well-behaved.  We booked for nine days at a gasthaus near where Bill will be working.  I doubt that will be enough time, but at least we have somewhere to go when we arrive jet lagged as hell on Sunday.



2 comments:

  1. Let's all shoot for a better August. I down 3/4 of a Guinness to ring in the new month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just so glad to be out of that goddamn house. We're flying today. I can't wait to get this show on the road.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.