Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm not usually one for poetry, but...

This is a pretty cool piece.



It pretty much spells out obsessive compulsive disorder.  It's funny, disturbing, and moving all at once.  On one hand, if I ran into a guy like this, I'd probably want to run the other direction.  On the other, this is so powerful because people with OCD can't help their obsessions and are so very human.

This recitation is equally powerful… I'm not sure the person is the poet who created this, but his performance is very compelling and believable.  It makes me want to find more poetry.  

2 comments:

  1. Only someone WITH for-real OCD or an Oscar-worthy actor could pull this off. Either way he's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was pretty impressed by that performance. It's pretty heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.