Sunday, March 23, 2014

I don't have to bitch out MetLife!

Yesterday, Bill came back from picking up the mail with an ominous look on his face.  He held an envelope from MetLife in his hands.

"Do you want me to open it?" he asked.

"Yes." I said, dreading the verdict.

He opened the letter and there was an explanation of benefits for my latest crown preparation.  Lo and behold, MetLife actually paid!  So though I already have a letter ready to send if they ever deny another claim between now and July, I won't have to send it at this time.  That's a load off my mind.  It pays to get your dentist to take a photo or two of your damaged teeth if you're using a stingy dental insurer.

I spent way too much time drinking beer yesterday.  Bill and I were enjoying some choice suds.  I found a new favorite by Southern Tier called Chocklit.  I think that's what it's called, anyway.  It's delicious.  Tastes just like a chocolate malt.

Bill and I talked about where we might end up in the next few months and he said we could go back to DC.  I don't really want to go there.  It's too crowded and expensive.  However, I do have a lot of friends in the DC area and know it well.  Bill would likely have no problem finding a job there.  There's always something going on, too.  I hope that's a last resort, though… I posted about it on Facebook last night and a lot of people were cheering us on.  Another said he hoped we'd go to Houston because he needs more drinking buddies.  He's another beer snob like we are.

I don't know what we'll do today.  We were going to try another beer joint, but I'm not sure if we'll get around to that or not.  I would probably do well to drink water for the next two weeks and flush out my toxic system.  Maybe later, I'll rant about something.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy that your insurance carrier came through without a major hassle this time. What a nice surprise.

    It's time for my twice-a-week half-bottle of Guinness. I'm still not sure it helps, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hit the beer joint. If you're curious, check out my travel blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.