Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hilarious spam comment I got this morning...

One thing that comes with the territory of blogging is that sometimes you have to deal with spammers.  I've noticed that lately, people who spam leave vague comments that attempt to look like they're on topic.  Then they leave a link in their comment that leads to a Web site.  A lot of times, when someone leaves an obviously spammy comment, I delete it.  In fact, I don't appreciate it when people try to peddle their wares on my personal blog, especially since it's obvious what their agenda is.  This morning, I got one that made me laugh at the sheer audacity…

Behold!

Daniel Efosa Uyi March 26, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd be interested in a collaboration.

My blog covers a lot of interesting and helpful posts just like yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. And also, I think you'll love my recent blog post titled How To Re-awaken A Passion & Stop Being Lazy About Your Goals

I'm hoping to hear from you too and quickly, you've got a great blog here.

Daniel.


This comment was left on my post about the Quiverfull movement.  I don't know if I should laugh or cry.  I wonder if Daniel knows that what he wrote, while sort of friendly, is actually a bit offensive?  First, he says he wants to "collaborate".  Then he writes a vague comment about what his blog is about.  Then he links to a post I'd "love" about laziness?  Daniel, are you saying I'm a lazy person?

I actually did visit Daniel's blog.  Again, it was written in a friendly tone, but it's also a bit on the offensive side and not anything I'd be interested in.  I did get a chuckle out of it.  Based on his profile, it appears that Daniel is from Nigeria, which makes me even less interested in collaboration.

By the way, I don't disagree that I tend to be a bit lazy and watch way too much TV.  But I'm not sure reading a blog is a way to overcome that issue in my life.  Besides, I'm not sure I really want to, since my own blog is all about my laziness and the crap I read and watch on TV.  Working hard didn't get me anywhere, so why shouldn't I be lazy and enjoy life?  ;-) 

So thanks, but no thanks… and please don't post your spammy bullshit here.  Or, if you do, at least try to have enough respect to post a comment that is somewhat marginally on topic and not so obviously shilling your spammy self-help blog.  

That's my advice to you, Daniel.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.