Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Very sad news...

I know I bitch a lot about Epinions but tonight, we all got word that in the next month, Epinions will be no more.  As of today, there's no more rating or writing reviews.  After a month, there is no more message board.  It's not entirely a bad thing for me personally, but for others, it really does suck.

Fortunately for me, my blogs have been taking up more of my attention and this news just gives me more reason to write for myself.  But for those who depended on Epinions, it really is terrible news.  I made some great friends on Epinions and some of them, fortunately, are on Facebook so we can keep in touch.  I will never forget the fun Epinions parties I attended and the great fun I had at informal meet and greets.  This doesn't have to be the end of my writing online, of course, but I do think it's the end of an era…

Shit… next month, it would have been 11 years.  That's the longest I've ever "worked" anywhere.  I still have Epinions schwag, for God's sake.

Well… I do plan to keep reviewing stuff here.  But I will miss the Epinions community.  It's sad that it had to come to this over 15 years.  I'm just glad I was there for most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.