Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day is off to a good start!


Bill has the day off today because it's President's Day weekend.  The military is unbelievably generous about giving personnel  four day weekends when they can.  So he's home today and will probably bottle his latest batch of home-brewed beer.  He made me breakfast this morning and presented me with a card and a box of chocolates.  I'm guessing there will be roses later.  That's what he usually does.


Since it is Valentine's Day, I figured I'd share the above photo, which I took in Sevilla last month.  We ran across these swans right after I inadvertently interrupted some guy taking a whiz in the bushes.  As we came upon him, he looked startled and quickly zipped up while looking a bit sheepish.  When you gotta go, you gotta go… and I guess he's fortunate that his toilet had such pretty views.  The swans are good for Valentine's Day, anyway.

I don't know what we're going to do with the rest of the day.  Bill was trying to get the property managers to come over and look at the ceiling.  It looks like the landlord did a patch job that is starting to fail.  I was hoping to get that over with today so I don't have to deal with the property managers myself.

I imagine Bill will also be looking for jobs.  It doesn't look like the Army is going to have jobs available in Texas, so there is a good chance we'll be moving again after he retires in a few months.  We were talking last night about the possibility of him continuing his computer security course online.  The Army will pay for that… or so they say they will.

This is both an exciting and scary time.  I just hope there's no prolonged unemployment.

Anyway, enjoy your V.D.!  ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo!

    I hope the army pays for Bill's course. A lady I know because she manages my university's bookstore and she talks to me when I'm there has a husband who just retired from the U.S. Navy after something like 30 years of service. He's now getting his bachelor's degree at the government's expense, which I think is totally cool. The lady says he may get a master's degree as well because that, too, will be paid for. it's something we owe to our veterans in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Bill qualifies for the Post 9/11 Bill, so that means the military will pay for him to go to school. In fact, he could even pass his benefits to me or his daughters if he wanted to. I don't have any desire to go back to school, but he may name me as a beneficiary anyway. Also, because he joined the military in Texas, he can go to any Texas public school for free. I think that also applies to me or his daughters. Too bad their mother is such a selfish dipshit who hates Bill more than she loves her kids.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.