Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My laundry list of complaints...


Sorry about this.  I'm in a mood today and feel like complaining.  I know I complain all the time anyway, though, so if you're a regular reader of this blog, this won't be anything out of the ordinary.

1.  The weather sucks today.  It's cold, windy, and rainy.

2.  I hate this house.

3.  I'm freezing.  Last night, it was warmer and I was sweating.

4.  My teeth seem to have chosen this year to fall apart on me.

5.  I'm sad that Epinions shut down.

6.  I'm worried about the future.

7.  I don't want to be homeless.

8.  I'm pissed that the dentist didn't send me a bill and I've owed them money.  I hope they didn't fuck up my credit rating.  I would have paid them their $85 if I had known I owed it.  I can't check my reports for free because I already did so in November.  And I notice a lot of the credit sites where I could pay for a report sign you up for their stupid monitoring service scam.  

9.  I'm hungover.  I drank way too much last night.  I started drinking wine because it made my tooth feel better, then got the news about Epinions and drank some more.  I'm tired of drinking.  I probably ought to stop because I'm likely an alcoholic.

10.  I found out this week that a good friend of mine has a chronic illness.

11.  I feel worthless.

12.  I don't think people like me.

13.  I need a good cry.

14.  I have no motivation to do anything.

15.  I have no real reason to complain, because I realize I'm luckier than a lot of people.

16.  I'm lonely.

17.  I'm tired of my boobs.

18.  I don't think I like Texas.

19.  I'm hungry, but don't feel like cooking.

20.  I'm a miserable bitch.

Like I said, sorry.  I know this is self-pitying drivel.  I'll snap out of it eventually.  I'm just in a crappy mood today.





4 comments:

  1. I think we all get into "moments" like this. I seem to have that happen when I take a shower for some strange reason.

    Hopefully things are heading in a better direction now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, Faery Chaos. I'm in a slightly better mood today, though I'm still not having the greatest of weeks. I know all this stuff is minor and temporary. It just all seems to be piling up at once. Anyway, at least my car is paid off so I can pay for the dental torture I'm about to undergo.

      Delete
  2. I think I must have put my dentists kids through college at this point, so I can totally understand the dental pain!! I'm not sure if my teeth just hate me or if it's genetics.

    I really hate those days/weeks/months where it seems like the universe decides to pile on the crap just to amuse it. And some days it is hard to focus on the positive (lately I attempt to amuse myself by thinking of where I would be had I stayed with my Ex and how much happier I am now instead!!)

    Is there a date or something in the future/near future that is a good thing to focus on?? That might at least be a bright light in a dim room...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually enjoyed several good dental years with no cavities or anything. Then in 2012, TRICARE switched dental insurers and we had to move the following year. On the way to Texas, I started having dental stuff. Nothing has been really major yet. I got a filling replaced and a tooth shored up. I got a crown, too. The dentist and hygienist both said they could tell I take really good care of my teeth. It's just all these old fillings are starting to fail. I have a cracked molar that needs a crown and I had a devil of a time getting MetLife through TRICARE to pay. I had to send them a nastygram. And then they didn't pay for everything, so I ended up with a balance I didn't know about. I pride myself on paying things off on time.

      The weeks to come are kind of anxiety producing, because my husband is retiring from the Army, so if he doesn't find a job by July 1st, we may be in a pickle. I'm pretty sure he will find one, but in the interim, it's stressful preparing. We just moved to Texas in August and may be moving again when he's done with the Army. And the one place where I did a lot of writing and made some spare cash just abruptly shut down this week.

      We'll be okay… maybe I'll get Bill to take me on a date this weekend so I can dress up. I know I am very lucky in many ways. This is all very small stuff.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.