Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jim and John Henson...

I just heard that Jim Henson's son, John, died yesterday of a massive heart attack.  He was just 48 years old and a husband and father of two girls.  The strange thing is that just this morning, I was watching parts of Jim Henson's memorial service on YouTube.


This video in particular made me tear up…



Frank Oz pays a wonderful tribute to Jim Henson...

I didn't know anything about John Henson's death when I watched these videos…  Hours later, a friend of mine shared the shocking news about his son.  I don't know what you'd call this…  Strange coincidence?



Here, Jim Henson's wife, Jane, and their five children talk about Jim Henson…  John Henson is the guy with the long blond hair on the right.

As a child of the 70s and 80s, I was really into The Muppets.  This morning, I got the itch to watch some clips of The Muppet Show.   I was really getting a kick out of the clips until I ran into the memorial service videos.  I remember very well when Jim Henson died on May 16, 1990.  I was 17 and he was only 53.  His death was very sudden and so tragic.


This clip in particular had me rolling at breakfast time...


Hell, I even heard "In The Navy" on my iPod today…

I am absolutely shocked that John Henson died yesterday.  I don't know anything about him other than the wonderful things his father did for children and their parents, but I do know that he was far too young to die.  I see from this article that John Henson, like his dad, was a puppeteer.  



This is Sweetums.  John Henson played him, though I don't know if this is him…

Such a tragic loss for the Henson family and The Muppets.  My thoughts are with his family, especially his wife and kids.     



  

2 comments:

  1. Nice tributes to Jim Henson,

    They certainly don't have enough of the longevity thing going in their family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they really don't. It's just so sad.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.