Sunday, February 2, 2014

Good grammar is sexy.

I received this t-shirt in the mail yesterday…


I ordered it after having seen it on OpenSky.com.  I had credits I needed to use and being a grammar geek, this shirt struck me as funny.  Of course it's sexy when someone knows the difference between "your" and "you're".  However, if I'm being technical, the author of this t-shirt doesn't bother with proper capitalization or punctuation.  In my opinion, that makes the shirt even funnier.

I bought this in a very large size so I can sleep in it.  This isn't the kind of thing I'd wear in public.

In other mundane news of the day, I just proved to Bill that I'm more mechanically inclined than he is.  Just after Christmas, I bought us a crepe maker because Cooking.com gave me some money to use on a future order.  We've just now taken it out of the box and Bill is downstairs firing it up for the first time.  I heard him yell, "This thing doesn't work!"

I went down to the kitchen and asked if he'd tried different outlets.  He said he'd tried four.  I picked up the crepe maker and looked under it.  There I spotted a white cardboard disc.  I pulled it off and put the crepe maker down on the heating element.  It worked.  Bill said, "I'm an idiot!"  I'm glad I'm around to fix things when they don't work!

And finally, this is a picture of me in my new Spanish flamenco/piano shawl…  I think it works!


I don't give a crap about the Super Bowl.  Bill and I will probably go to the commissary in hopes that everybody did their shopping yesterday.  I hope I won't write another post that will be on fire with comments like I did two years ago…  The Jessica McCord post was so inflammatory, I eventually had to disable comments.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.  May it be drama and crime free.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flamenco shawl!

    I'm glad bill has you to fix things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Bill just needs to pay closer attention sometimes. But he is not very handy around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.