Monday, February 24, 2014

Dental drama begins anew...

So my molar was bugging me so much this morning that I called the dentist to schedule a crown preparation.  I got an appointment for 10:30am next Thursday.  While I was on the phone, the office manager asked me if I'd gotten a bill from them.  I hadn't.  It seems that my insurance didn't pay everything, so I still owe $85.  The $85 is not a big deal, but I sure wish they'd let me know sooner.  I never got a statement in the mail, so I had no idea.

But the office manager didn't seem too perturbed about it.  She said I could take care of it when I go in next week.  Glad the car is paid off.  I can probably pay for my part of this procedure with my debit card instead of putting it on my credit card.  Hopefully, TRICARE won't give me shit about paying the bill, but at least this time, I have a photo of the very cracked tooth.  It doesn't hurt to bite on it, but it's achy and annoying.  I just want to get it fixed and move on with my life.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't read past the squeamish warning, but that man made me very angry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly, as upset as I was at the time at that guy, I think my dad was the bigger jerk for putting me in that situation in the first place.

      I'm surprised you didn't read the whole thing.

      Delete
  2. I’m sorry for your troubles with your insurance company. These kinds of instances are really annoying, especially when you’re in desperate need of healthcare. I hope your problem will be resolved before your dental appointment on Thursday. Good luck! :)

    Elliot Bagley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elliott. Unfortunately, the insurance crap will probably happen after I get the work done and they try to deny benefits. I fully expect I will be sending them another nastygram. But at least I already have the letter saved on my hard drive. And if it turns out I'm wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.