Tuesday, December 10, 2013

There was a turd in my bed this morning...


Arran has recently started climbing into Bill's lap and snuggling for a nap...

It's a good thing this dog is so damn cute and sweet…  He periodically poops in his sleep and he happens to like sleeping by my head.  It's funny, because when we first got Arran, he liked sleeping in the crate by himself.  But then when Bill would take Zane out for an early morning whiz, Arran would come into the bedroom and snuggle in between us.

I don't know why he poops in his sleep.  He doesn't do it often, thank God… and when he does do it, I usually wake up before I happen to touch it… although one time I didn't and there was a mess.  Oddly enough, Arran's poop isn't very stinky anyway.  Sometimes, he sneaks off to a corner and goes and I won't notice it until hours have passed and I happen to look at the rug he has chosen to befoul on a regular basis.  It'll be sitting there all cold and almost petrified and I have to scrub to clean it up.  When he goes in the bed, he usually leaves a single turd like an Easter egg.

Arran is a great dog.  He's loving, gentle, and fun to play with.  However, we got him after a first adopter returned him to Tribeagles after having kept him for nine months.  Maybe it's because he poops sometimes where he shouldn't.  Or maybe it's because the lady who took him was a lawyer and didn't have time to deal with him.  We were told he has separation anxiety, but I haven't noticed any that bad. I'm home a lot of the time, though… and he does have Zane to play with, too…


Zane loves lap time...

Anyway, this morning I was enjoying a very pleasant dream when I happened to catch a whiff of something yucky.  I woke up and sure enough, there was a single turd there on the sheets.  It was pretty dry and easily cleaned up.  Still, I just washed the linens yesterday.  In fact, right after I washed the sheets and made the bed, the dogs jumped up there and totally fucked up the sheets.  It was as if I had gotten up that morning and left the bed unmade.

My dogs are awesome, though.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.  They make me laugh and keep me company and appreciate my hugs, kisses, and attention.  Best of all, I don't have to send them to college, buy them a car, or worry about them sticking me in a nursing home.  I also don't have to worry about them being mean to Bill or guilting us about not going to church or drinking beer…


Yeah, they are entitled, though…


Love 'em...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.