Monday, December 30, 2013

Ahh… the sweet relief of recovery...

I feel much better this morning, although I still have a hacking cough and my voice is a little husky.  That will take awhile to completely go away.  The tip of my nose is chapped and sore because it was running so much on Friday and Saturday.  I've spent the past four days in bed.  I think the worst day was Friday, when it seemed like I had every symptom of H1N1 coming at me with a vengeance.

I slept pretty well last night, rising only once at 3:45 or so for a potty break.  The dogs probably roused me as they usually do.  Then I went back to sleep and had a good quality rest until it was time for Bill to get up for work.

Sometime yesterday afternoon, I started noticeably feeling better.  I sent Bill out for toilet paper and asked him to pick up something "fun" for lunch.  He brought home a pizza, which I washed down with a very refreshing beer.

I sat on my bed all day watching The History of the Eagles on Showtime.  That documentary is about 3 hours and I watched it twice because it was pretty entertaining.  I like The Eagles' music, though I think Glenn Frey and Don Henley are both very egotistical and I'm kind of pissed that they fired Don Felder over money.  I mean, Don Felder was upset that Frey and Henley wanted more money than the other guys in the band, which I don't blame him for… even though Frey and Henley are original band members.  I dunno… I just think it's a shame that the relationship ended over money and lawsuits, especially since Don Henley is always preaching about shit like that.  I also think it's sad that the environmentalist Henley allowed "his band" to get in bed with Wal-Mart, which has a dismal record when it comes to protecting the environment.  I was so pissed about that that I never did buy The Eagles' most recent album because I don't shop at Wal-Mart, ever.

Bill hung out with me for most of the day, as did the dogs.  He said he's always happy to see me feeling better, though he says I'm not too demanding when I get sick.  The dogs have served as heating pads, too.  They love snuggling, even when their human is running a big fever.


"Dr. Arran" works his magic on Bill…

Bill is talking about trying to take a military "hop" on January 10th.  I think the chances are good that we will end up in Europe at some point after that for a quick trip.  I am a little worried about the wisdom of taking this trip when Bill has to retire so soon and I have to get a crown and new contacts in the coming weeks.  On the other hand, now might be the perfect time to do this, since there is no telling what kind of leave policy Bill will have in his next position.  Besides, we are long overdue for some weirdness… which we always encounter when we travel.  My travel blog could also use some fresh content.

The prospect of taking a trip is exciting, even as it makes me nervous.  But it also makes me think I better do some writing and generate some quick cash.

2 comments:

  1. My dad was a major Eagles fan and knows a few of them, but he has major issues with their deal with Walmart. He's certainly not going to buy anything from Walmart.

    It's always a good sign after an illness when regular food starts to sound appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand the rationale behind the Wal-Mart deal other than the prospect of getting more money… and I guess they got more control over the product, which is surprising, given how Wal-Mart strong-arms so many musicians into editing their work if they want it sold in their stores. That's another reason I don't shop at Wal-Mart.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.