Monday, November 18, 2013

Sunday was lovely… except for the religion pushers

After a nice southern breakfast of biscuits and gravy, Bill and I invited his mother over.  We needed to go to the store first.  I didn't bother to get dressed until after 11:00, around which time a few proselytizers knocked on the door.  For some reason they visit on Sundays, the day of rest.  It's annoying, because you feel like you need to hide from people knocking, though it's easy to do that in this house.


One of my friends posted this on my Facebook…

Although door to door religion pushers annoy me any day of the week, they are especially irritating on Sunday mornings.  Sunday is supposed to be peaceful.  I don't like being disturbed by pushers on Sunday, when we're just wanting to wake up and enjoy the day together.  I don't know where these church people come from.  I don't think they are JWs, because the pushers in our neighborhood tend to travel in groups and on Sunday.  I know they aren't LDS because the LDS folk wear badges.  My guess is that they are from the huge Maranathasa Bible church located very near our house.  I just read what they believe and it's definitely not the kind of place where I would want to worship.  It's way too conservative.



This is one way to handle them...


As is this…


This guy totally came up with a great way to handle door to door religion pushers…



Though this is short and sweet...

Once the religion pushers were out of the neighborhood, we went to the commissary and picked up some food.  Mother-in-law came over in the afternoon and we chatted for awhile.  She joined us for dinner and lots of wine.   

Zane and Arran were adorable.  They love Bill's mom, so when she came into the backyard where I was sitting with them, they ran over to her and started jumping all over her, tails wagging.  Zane was dancing barking joyfully, just like his predecessor Flea used to do when we picked him after boarding.  They started running and playing.  When it was time for her to go, they also barked.  Zane was all sad.  Those dogs just adore Bill's mom, and for good reason.  They know she's family.  


Perhaps I should invest in one of these signs...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.