Thursday, November 7, 2013

Might have to bite the bullet and call the dentist...

Now the other cracked molar is bugging me again, along with the tooth directly above it.  Guess it's a good thing we have no big travel plans this year.  Dentistry is eating up our vacation funds.

Not surprisingly, I'm not in a very good mood today.  I woke up this morning not feeling very well and actually went back to bed at around 10:30 or so.  I stayed in bed until about 1:00 and slept for part of that time.  I did manage to vacuum and wash the sheets beforehand.

Last night, the neighbor came over at about 9:00pm to tell me that the garage door was open.  She knew that wasn't normal for us.  I was a little annoyed that she rang the bell at that hour, but then I didn't know the door was open.  I was ultimately glad she told me.  But then when I went to close it, it balked a bit and actually took some doing to get the door down.  Yet one more thing about this house to hate.

Tomorrow, Bill comes home and has a long weekend thanks to Veteran's Day.

I hate to be so cranky.  I'm just tired of all these issues.  It's been non-stop since late July.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling lousy and hope that having Bill home will help you to feel better. I hate going to the dentist and i haven't even had dental wtk other than cleanings, x-rays, and applied sealants. I may not even need orthodontia if the molars that are coming in right now don't mess up the spacing of my teeth. I do have four baby teeth that have no permanent teeth coming in to replace them, so I'll presumably need implants at some point in the future. I'll experience real dental work at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, unfortunately, as a kid no one taught me how important it is to take care of my teeth. I have big fillings that are now starting to fall apart. Also, when you get to your 40s, you start having this crap happen… I wish it wasn't all happening at once, though.

      I did call and make an appointment for next Friday. I'm not in agony and this experience has given me the chance to try a number of natural remedies. I learned today that clove oil is good for pain. It doesn't seem to be the tooth that's bothering me. It really feels like maybe some of the amalgam filling is poking the gum and making it sore. I'm not sensitive to cold or heat and it doesn't hurt to bite down. It's just a miserably sore spot on my gum.

      Delete
  2. My mom has some issues with her teeth now that she's in her forties, too. She only has a few cavities, but those fillings have given her trouble. Also, she has the same missing permanent teeth that I have, so she had to get implants for three of them, and the fourth will probably happen sooner rather than later. She said the first year that she doesn't max out dental benefits she'll replace the final baby tooth with an implant before she and my dad both lose dental benefits. My dad has never had a single cavity, and Mathew and I seem to have inherited his teeth for the most part. Even cleanings really bother me, so I'm glad I don't have to have any actual repairs done. I don't think we've taken any better care of our teeth than anyone else; we just were lucky enough to inherit my dad's teeth. My dad has a lot of qualities I'd just as soon not inherit, but I'm happy to have problem-free teeth and hope they remain that way for as long as possible.

    I'm glad you have an appointment because it's not good to suffer if there's something a dentist can do to make the problem go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have been pretty lucky. My dental issues so far have been relatively minor. I've really only had to deal with cavities and a couple of crowns. My dad has good teeth and I think I might have gotten them. My mom, on the other hand, has had all kinds of issues.

      At this moment, my teeth are not bothering me at all. But I took a couple of Advil PMs last night, which knocked me out. When that wears off completely, the gum may start to annoy me. At least Bill is coming home today.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.