Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bill is home!

He got home yesterday.  My teeth were feeling somewhat better by the time he arrived in the mid afternoon.  We had a nice dinner after I finished up a recording I made yesterday.  It was great to have him home again after a week of being by myself.  He is off on Monday, so we should have a nice leisurely weekend.

I was contemplating canceling my dental appointment when my gums stopped bothering me so much. But then today, my other cracked molar was making itself known.  We went to downtown San Antonio and I had a couple of margaritas, which made my teeth less annoying.

Ms. Overly Helpful chimed in on a mutual friend's Facebook post about school systems that force kids to eat school lunches.  She really rubs me the wrong way, but fortunately my opinion was with the majority that schools have no business making kids eat school lunches if they don't want them.  The crap that parents and kids have to deal with in schools these days makes me ill.  I'm kind of glad we don't have kids so I don't have to deal with the silliness.

We came home and Bill tried one of his latest beers, which turned out decently.  It needs another week in the bottle to mature a bit.  It's nice to have a husband who makes his own beer.

Other than that, it's been a pretty boring day.    



2 comments:

  1. I would be even more of a basket case than I already am if i'd had to deal with being forced to eat things I didn't like at school on a regular basis. I was forced to eat goop from a school lunch on 9/1/01 because I had forgotten my lunch and the teacher didn't want to bother my mom. I barfed for hours..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not eat school lunches in American schools. When we lived in England, I could eat lunch there. It was actually good food. I always brought my lunch to school because otherwise I would have puked. Just the smell of it made me sick.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.