Friday, August 2, 2013

We can't get mail...

Because the people who lived in this house before us were evicted, the post office has to make new keys and a new lock for our mailbox, which is in a mail kiosk.  Consequently, we can't get our mail until Monday.

Bill did manage to get the banking mess sorted out.  He's also working hard at documenting this house's condition.  He has about thirty pictures so far.

The gas is still not on.  That makes me a little annoyed, since we can't cook without it...

Sleeping on the air mattress sucked last night.  I accidentally hit myself in the face with my iPad.

One of the electric smoke alarms is chirping.

I made an inquiry to see a dentist nearby about my tooth.  Turns out one of the dentists in the practice I contacted is apparently very LDS and has a smile like Mary Lou Retton's.  It looks like he was showing off his impressive choppers, but the smile does not look genuine.  On the other hand, the practice gets excellent ratings on Angie's List.  Hopefully, they can check out my tooth and do whatever needs to be done to fix it.

I have gotten a lot of writing done today and used up a lot of bandwidth on my portable hotspot.

I also talked to my mom, who once again pleaded with me to visit during Thanksgiving.  I leveled with her about how I feel about these family gatherings.  I really hate them because they always go south.  I told her that I don't know how much money we'll have, now that we're no longer in cheap digs.

On the other hand, I know she wants us to gather and try to get along.  I said the gatherings never go well.  She said maybe this time it would.  I doubt it.  But she wants me in the picture (eye roll).  I love my mom and don't want to make her unhappy.  On the other hand, I don't want to feel like shit either.  When I mentioned we would need a rental car, she said "Maybe not..."

And I said, "Yes, we WILL need a rental car because I WILL have a way to escape if things get shitty."

I explained to her that I usually feel like shit for days after our "family reunions".  She told me that my nephew, now nine years old, wonders about his mysterious aunt that he doesn't know.  I do want to see him; I've heard he's a real character.  But I don't want to hang out with his mother.

So we'll see what happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.