Friday, August 9, 2013

BRAINFART

After the AT&T guy left, I turned on the hose to fill up the pool.  Then I got sidetracked and forgot about the hose.  I was emptying boxes and putting together bookshelves... and completely had a brainfart.

At about 4:00, I went downstairs to let the dogs eat and have a wee.  I looked outside and the pool was about to overflow.  I decided it was a good time for a swim... so I poured one of Bill's homebrews and splashed around in the pool for about an hour.  I managed to get some of the excess water out, but it's still really full.  Guess we won't need to fill the pool for awhile.

On the plus side, I feel a lot better.  My body doesn't hurt so much and maybe I can empty a couple more boxes before bedtime.  I think regular swimming will do me a lot of good physically.  My pain and soreness decreased by about half just by spending an hour in the pool.

I updated my Monster profile yesterday and have already gotten several calls for jobs I'm not interested in.  I had to make my profile private because there is no way I can think about a job hunt until this house is straight.  They were not kidding when they said the San Antonio job market is hot.

Slow but steady, right?  Gotta remember not to leave the hose running... especially when I have a lot to do.

2 comments:

  1. It's just water, right? Oh, I forgot. Water is valuable. Live and learn, and enjoy your pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... Bill said when he went to get the water turned on, some guy called in and complained about his bill. Apparently, he and his wife had turned on the hose and left it running all weekend. This mishap was only a few hours.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.