Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A little out of sorts...

I feel kind of depressed today.  Most of the house is unpacked, but I'm feeling kind of off kilter.  I haven't really acclimatized to Texas yet.  The last couple of weeks have been stressful and I feel like I'm surrounded by big box stores.  I wish we could have found a place more in the country where there are more trees and charm.  

Yesterday, we got a letter letting us know that our property managers transferred their listings to another realty group... a group I had specifically tried to avoid renting from because they get horrible reviews on Angie's List and Yahoo!  I'm kind of pissed that they didn't tell us they were going to be doing this.  And, of course it means Bill has to set up rent payments again with another realtor instead of the one we signed up with not three weeks ago.

Maybe it's a sign that we need to start thinking about buying a house.

I have some free floating anxiety, I guess, about the transition that looms in the future.  And I'm not used to big cities anymore, so it's weird to be in a place like San Antonio.  Maybe I'll like it better after the temperatures cool down and we start finding fun things to do.

On the positive side, Bill has a very short commute to work, so he's usually home earlier and doesn't have to leave nearly as early.  He's interested in the new job and thinks he will do well there.  He's missed by folks in North Carolina, too.

I haven't had a chance to like Texas yet...  tomorrow, I have to drive to a mall to see my new dentist.  Hopefully, there will be parking and I won't have to pay a valet $5.  And hopefully, my car will start with no issues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.