Thursday, July 25, 2013

Loading up...

The movers are coming later to finish packing and loading us.  I am really hoping I can get most of the shit done today so we can be through this part of the move.  My back and hips hurt, reminding me that I'm getting old and need to exercise more.

I just hope this goes fast.  I truly hate this process...

This morning, Bill was fretting about how I was going to get lunch, since he has to be at work for part of the day handling last minute stuff.  I have to stay home and watch the movers and our house is in the sticks.  As we were leaving the mediocre Hampton Inn, I noticed they had bagged breakfasts to go.  I picked one up.

Bill said, "You can get a hot breakfast in there".  He pointed at the breakfast room.

I just looked him in the eye and said, "Lunch."

He smiled and said, "Smart."

I think he's happy to have a wife who thinks outside the box sometimes.  But really, it's more because I can't tolerate going without food anymore.  There was a time in my life when I could literally not eat for days.  I can't anymore.  My blood sugar plunges and I feel horrible.  I get really short tempered.  I'm probably diabetic or about to become diabetic.  Or maybe I'm just getting old.

So bless the mediocre Hampton Inn for having breakfasts to go.  They may have saved my sanity today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.