Friday, July 5, 2013

It took an hour...

To get through downtown San Antonio traffic last night.

We headed back to the hotel at around 9:30 or 10:00, but sat in traffic for a long time.  At one point, we were next to a car where I saw a guy dancing to his music while behind the wheel.  He seemed to engage me with his eyes, so I watched.  That was mildly amusing as a diversion.

I also saw lots and lots of teens out in the streets wearing big hats, glowing necklaces, and big smiles... As well as a few folks who appeared to be sketchier.  At one point I posted on Facebook that it was pimp central in San Antone.  There were parts of the street that sure looked like it.

I got impatient crawling through town, so I took off the seatbelt, which made Bill act like Pat Boone. He gets really nervous when I do that, even if we're in gridlocked traffic.  When we finally got close to the hotel, the cops had blocked the street, so we had to get back on the interstate.  That did the trick.

When we got back to the hotel, the teens were still up.  It looked like some of them were having meetings/devotions.

I don't know what we're doing today.  We'll probably visit mother-in-law again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.