Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy hump day...

First order of business.  I just updated the ExMormon Lit part II post with another book.  This follow up list I've started is an addendum to the super long Ex Mormon Lit part I post I wrote earlier last month.  Have a look if you're interested in true crime.  Today's addition was about a 60s era murder case that involved a man who attended BYU before he was murdered by his non-Mormon wife over $29,000 in life insurance money.

Second order of business... for some reason, when Bill went to work at o'dark hundred this morning, he reeked of garlic.  I don't know why.  I just remember that's what he smelled like today.

The third order of business is that I purchased a bottle of peanut butter vodka this morning because Internet Wines offered it for the low, low price of $9.99.  I don't even drink vodka very often, but I was intrigued by the concept of peanut butter flavored booze.  Maybe I'll find some chocolatey booze and design a new cocktail.  By the way, we still have smoked salmon vodka from several months ago.  I predict we will be bringing lots of booze with us to Texas.

I'm looking at the overgrown grass outside and thinking it needs to be cut, but it's very humid and looks like it's going to rain.  The grass is already wet, which will make the process of cutting the grass much more difficult than it ought to be.  And frankly, I just don't feel like going out there and cutting the grass.  Last time I did it, I almost passed out in the heat.

One thing I noticed in Texas is that people don't seem too hung up on lawn mowing.  Even in the subdivisions where you'd figure there's a homeowner's association, people let their grass grow.  I guess that's because it's hot as hell in Texas during the summer.  We were lucky during our visit.  It was only really hot a couple of days.

Zane is still dealing with itching.  I haven't been using the Derfen on him because it reeks of bacon and I can't deal with it right now as I ponder cleaning up this house in the coming weeks.  He doesn't seem quite as bad as he was before we left for Texas.  I switched him back to the food I fed him for years rather than the supposedly hypoallergenic stuff I got him in May.  I don't know if that was the culprit, but he does seem somewhat better.  He's always been itchy, though.  He's a purebred and probably came from a puppy mill, so it makes perfect sense.

Yesterday, I had a good time playing with SingSnap's new infinity harmony feature.  I recorded a couple of songs and sang various parts, which was a very cool experience.  I posted "Love Me Tender" on my music blog with me doing five different parts.  I sort of did it on a whim, so it's not as good as it could be.  It was still a lot of fun, though.  Maybe I was meant to be a music producer.

I don't have much else to report right now... Guess I'll go write more on my travel blog about San Antonio.  







   

2 comments:

  1. I have to go listen to your version of "Love Me Tender." I remember that the melody was from an old Civil War era tune called "Aura Lee." When I was in middle school and played low brass, we played some compilation of Civil War songs. The only ones I remember were "Aura Lee," "The Bonny Blue Flag," "The Battle Cry of Freedom, and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic." Anyway, our middle school band must have been doing a real hatchet job on the "Aura Lee" part of the arrangement, because I can still remember the director, with his Texas drawl, whining, "Y'all are makin' Aura Lee sound like a real hag."

    Next you have to record "The Rose."

    You're lucky you are not moving to a dry part of texas. My mom's best friend's relatives lived in a dry county in west Texas, and they had to cross over to Clovis, New Mexico just to buy beer.

    Did Bill eat anything yesterday with much garlic in it? Sometimes it comes out through your pores the next day. It's supposed to be very healthful, though.

    The new piano is upstairs in the loft and is tuned. It looks a lot like the one in the picture I posted except a little less French Provincial, and with one of those benches that can be adjusted for height. I haven't been allowed to touch it yet because it might interfere with my healing process. It's more likely that it will interfere with my mom's, my Uncle Scott's, my Uncle Jerry's, and my brother's turns to play the new piano than it will interfere with any of my healing processes, but I don't have a degree in medicine yet, so I know nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill says he didn't eat garlic yesterday. Maybe I was dreaming... but he smelled like garlic to me.

    I find that harmonizing works best with really short, simple songs. I wouldn't do that with just any song because it gets too convoluted. "Love Me Tender" was a good test. Today, I did "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain", which also worked well. For that one, I just did three vocals. Forgive me... I'm a bored housewife.

    San Antonio is definitely NOT dry. And supposedly, it's booming. Good news for us.

    I should have stuck with piano lessons so I could play halfway decently.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.