Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Home again...

Holy shit...  I will be blogging about the trip to Italy and Greece on my other blog, the Traveling Overeducated Housewife.  The blog will include photos, profanity, a few rants, and perhaps a video or two.  The past two weeks have been rich with fun and fulfillment and I'll be wanting to write about my experiences as soon as possible while they are still fresh in my mind.

Yesterday was utterly exhausting.  It started at about 7:00am Greece time, when my husband and I went to breakfast at our hotel.  Our taxi picked us up at 8:30 and we were taken to the airport, where we had plenty of time to sit around waiting for our flight to Philadelphia, which lasted approximately 11 hours.  I think that was the longest flight I've ever been on.  It was quite uncomfortable, mainly owing to a couple of entitled people sitting in front of us, who insisted on reclining into our laps the entire time.  Yes, I know the seats recline and people have the "right" to recline if they want to.  That doesn't mean they should do that for the entire flight.  I ended up with a massive charley horse thanks to these inconsiderate jerks.

We got off in Philly, only to face the whole security rigamarole.  It was hot; I was tired, hungry, thirsty, and pissy.  For some reason, that caused one of the TSA agents to harass me.  Thankfully, we made it through security without my getting arrested, though as tired and already agitated as I already was, it might have been a close call.  The only cool thing about the whole experience was watching one of the Beagle Brigade dogs bust some woman for having an apple in her bag.

I dozed off on the one hour flight to North Carolina from Philly.  My husband woke me up for some water.  I think we were on the road home by 9:00 or so...  I was ranting the whole time, hoarse, because I got a nasty cold during our travels.  We stopped for food at McDonald's, which I later threw up.  I woke up at about 6:30am for some reason, despite being exhausted.

I have a lot to do...  But I also have a lot to write about and now my brain is buzzing with the prospect of all the reviews and writing that will keep me busy in the near future.

For now, I look forward to reuniting with Zane and Arran and getting lots and lots of beagle kisses.



2 comments:

  1. Ilook forward to reading of and seeing the highlights of your vacation. Thanks for the warning. I will not carry any apples in my carry-ons on my future travels, not that I'm likely to travel as far as all the way across the Rocky Mountains until I'm going for medical residency interviews. (I'll almost for certain attend a west coast medical school.) I do look forward to seeing more of Europe than just Ireland and the tiny portion of England I've toured.

    I don't eat anything from McDonald's because my body reacts to its food the way yours did. If the family is traveling and insists upon stopping there, I just get an orange Hi-C to drink amd tough it out until the next meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only need to worry about fruit if you've been abroad and are in the customs area. Stateside produce is fair game. ;-)

    I used to love McDonald's when I was a kid. I don't eat there often now and we only went there the other night because it was late and we were hungry. Maybe the puking incident was a sign from my body that it's better to be hungry than eat food from McDonald's. On the other hand, McDonald's in Europe is somewhat better quality.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.