Saturday, April 6, 2013

Exasperating day...

I would normally post this on my music blog, but I don't feel like it.  A couple of weeks ago, I bought a device that allows my microphone to hook into the USB outlet on my computer.  It was a fairly expensive purchase... maybe not for a professional musician, but for someone like me who likes to fart around doing online karaoke.

Anyway, for some reason, today that device suddenly became very fussy, as if it wasn't hooked tightly enough to my microphone.  Consequently, it would either drop the connection and either bump me into my computer's crappy built in mic, or off the mic completely.  I've really been having a lot of fun with my new old hobby, so this is a bummer for me.  I don't know why this has happened.  I haven't dropped my mic or anything.  I've spent most of the afternoon trying to fix the damn thing.

I went ahead and ordered a backup, in case the adapter has shorted out or something.  I also sent an email to Shure, the manufacturer of said device.  I did manage to get it working, but only if I sit or stand absolutely still and constantly watch the monitor to make sure the mic is still working.    

One thing I do like is that in one month, we'll be boarding a plane to Italy... I'm so ready for another trip.  I'm going to go nuts if after my husband retires, we can't travel.

What a frustrating day.  I guess I should be grateful these are my main issues, though.  Things could be way worse!  I got some new clothes today.  At least they fit... though they're knits, so they're stretchy!

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to sing while sitting or standing perfecly still and constantly looking at the connection.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.