Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happiness is...

a man who is willing to step on your back...

When I was a kid, my sister, who happens to be very petite, used to love it when I'd walk on her back.  She'd have me step on her back and stand on her butt, whereupon she would pretend to be a surfboard. I loved it when she did that.  It was sort of a payback for the chore of walking up and down on her back.  I never knew what the big deal was...

Then I grew up.

Nowadays, I weigh too much and sit too much.  My back gets stiff, sore, and fatigued.  If I sit or lie down for too long, my thighs get numb and my lower back practically screams for mercy.  When it gets bad, I ask my husband to step on my back to try to force the kinks out.

No, he doesn't actually walk on my back or put all his weight on it.  That would be potentially dangerous.  Instead, he puts his foot on my lower back and bears down a bit.  The combination of the warmth of his foot and the feeling of his toes digging into my sore muscles is enough to make it crack... and when that happens, WOW.

It's amazing how good it feels to have my husband's foot pressing on my back.  It annoys him when I ask him to do it, though.  He has to take off his shoes and that's inconvenient.  Maybe when we can afford it and have a house where it will fit, I'll buy a massage chair so he doesn't have to indulge me so often.

Maybe I need to take yoga or something...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.