Monday, March 25, 2013

Breakin'...

If you were around in the 1980s, you no doubt remember break dancing, which was very popular in the mid 1980s.  This morning, I'm watching an old episode of Fame, which involved a Puerto Rican gang that recruited Danny Amatullo to help them with their choreography.  So Danny gets a couple of his dance buddies to teach these guys how to polish their act.

It's funny to watch because I never see people break dance anymore.  The music is stupid and has lots of scratching record sounds in it.  Everybody wears parachute pants, high top sneakers, and bandanas.  And Fame is kind of a cheesy show, anyway.




I can't believe this was popular about 30 years ago...  I feel so old.



I don't dance worth a damn.  I do have a sister who was quite a successful ballerina, though.  She attended the Royal Ballet School in London when we lived in England back in the 1970s.  Decades later, she still dances and has a gorgeous figure.  She sent me a film of her swing dancing with some guy she works with.  I guess I can take comfort in the fact that she can't carry a tune in a bucket.


Yes, that's my sister dancing in the video...  She recently turned 54.

I think I'll go sign up for aerobics, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.