Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nexercising... and a foul mouthed YouTuber...

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching The Doctors and Dr. Sears, the pediatrician, mentioned an iPhone app called Nexercise.  Basically, this application records your movements and distance, as well as the time you spend moving.  You can enter a whole lot of different exercises, everything from badminton to housework, earn points, and then earn rewards.

Since I am in desperate need of motivation to exercise, I decided to download the app.  Every time I take my dogs out, do housework, or take a walk, I record it.  While we were at the beach last week, my husband and I took several walks that ran for about 45 minutes and went about three miles or so.  I earned lots of Nexercise points for those days!

So far, I kind of like the app, though I don't plan to use any of the points because they're for things I don't really want or need.  But it is kind of fun to time myself, measure the steps I take, and get credit for moving around.  I doubt it will lead to any significant weight loss, but it is sort of a motivation to move.  Nexercise kind of makes moving like a game, which I find very motivating.  So we'll see how long I stick with it...

I'd just like to lose a couple of inches so I fit better in the plane seat in November when we head to Scotland to celebrate ten years of marriage!

On another note, yesterday I discovered a pretty hilarious YouTube video...



This video was "liked" by someone whose videos I subscribe to.  It runs for 43 minutes.  While I agree there are many reasons not to like Mitt Romney, the main reason I like this video is because it's chock full of swearing.  This guy uses various incarnations of the f-word repeatedly.  My husband actually counted the number of times this fellow said some version of "fuck" in the first five minutes of the video.  He counted 30 times!  Maybe I should have turned watching this into a drinking game!

This YouTuber also likes the word "bullshit"...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.