Tuesday, August 14, 2012

TDY again...

My husband is taking another trip to my home state.  This time, I'm staying home because the prospect of spending several days in a hotel doesn't appeal to me... especially the hotel where my husband is heading tonight.  It's the same one we stayed in last month.

I don't need to go back to Williamsburg to spend more money at the outlets.  I don't need to spend several days eating restaurant food.  The dogs would rather not hang out at the kennel for several days. So here I sit.

I've actually started writing some fiction.  I used to write short stories a lot when I was younger.  In fact, that's partly how my husband and I met.  He read some of my fiction and sort of became a fan.  Since we've been married, I stopped writing fiction, mainly because I wasn't as inspired.  Back when I used to write fiction every day, I mostly did it to stave off boredom.  I am frequently bored now, but I don't have anything inspiring me...

But I did start writing last week and words once again flowed from my fingers.  Instead of writing smutty fiction like I used to, I started writing about this situation with my husband's ex wife that has consumed us for the past decade.  It's not a story I necessarily want to write, but it's in my head.

A lot of people have told me that I should move on... and I have tried.  But I feel like I can't move on until I get this out of me.  In all honesty, I don't know how my husband does it.  I know he hurts everyday for the loss of his kids.  So I'm writing about it.  I don't know if I will share the end product with anyone.  Maybe I'll post it here.

In the meantime, writing that fictionalized story will help pass time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.