Saturday, July 28, 2012

Okay... I stand corrected

Last night, my husband and I were at our favorite local watering hole when one of the other patrons requested that a couple of the TVs be turned to the Olympics.  It was the opening ceremonies, which I usually end up missing.  Last time we had a summer Olympics, we were abroad and only had television coverage in German.

Anyway, I caught the big opening dance scene and totally lost it when all the hearing impaired little kids in their jammies sang "God Save the Queen".  It was a very impressive show.  I found myself teary more than once, watching all the people coming together.

I was moved by the Parade of Nations, too.  It was so inspiring to watch so many athletes who had worked so hard and sacrificed so much to get to London.

So, in essence, I could give a shit about the Olympics, even if I don't care for tote bags about fat Americans.  ;-)

Good show, London!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.