Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Thanks for having me. Literally."

My birthday was yesterday. I turned the big 4-0. My husband and I have been on the road all week. He has business in the city where I was born and where my parents now live. Yesterday, I went to visit my parents. I hung out with my mom for a couple of hours while my dad slept. When it came time to leave, my mom said "Thanks for stopping by." I turned and said, "Thanks for having me... Literally." I posted about this on Facebook and a few friends thought my mom and I had a Hallmark moment. Actually, it was just a very silly moment... Kinda like when my mom had a hysterectomy and I lamented that my very first home had been demolished.

 I had a nice birthday. Hubby gave me a bag of Godiva truffles and a mushy card. My husband is the KING of mushy cards! I love them, though. He really is my better half... Much sweeter and more patient than I am, anyway. He also took me out to dinner and we had a fantastic meal. I ate guinea fowl for the first time. Unfortunately, I woke up in the middle of the night, in need of an antacid. Then I couldn't get back to sleep. We're going home tomorrow. I'm ready to go. I miss my dogs. I'm just glad our visit went off without a hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.