Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer colds are the worst!

For the last couple of days, I've been struggling with a nasty cold given to me by my loving husband.  The last time I was sick was about two years ago.  I had forgotten how much it sucks.

When we were in Germany, my spouse started to feel crummy.  He's had the bug for two weeks and I thought maybe I would escape it, but then I started to feel icky Monday afternoon.  Within a matter of hours, I was sniffling, hacking, and feeling like warmed over poo.  The last two days have been pretty miserable.  I haven't felt like doing much, though I did manage to get some housework done yesterday.  I was hoping to get some writing done, but just felt too wretched.

Something's going around, too.  A couple of days ago, hubby and I were supposed to meet some friends for dinner.  I've known this friend since we were ten years old and she's now a career military officer.  She and her husband are going to their new duty station in Japan tomorrow.  Anyway, she called to postpone our get-together, because her husband is also sick...  We're supposed to meet up tonight, though.

I feel better today than I did yesterday, so I think I'll be somewhat functional...  I'm supposed to feel like this in the wintertime, though!


2 comments:

  1. Get well soon, Knotty & Mr Knotty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel better. Still got a nasty cough, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.