Monday, May 7, 2012

I'd like to bitch slap Judge Judy...

I know I usually complain about Dr. Phil, but today I think I'll whinge about Judge Judy.  I think she's a massive cunt who bullies people and refuses to listen.  I don't often watch her show because I think she's rude and abusive, not to mention a very poor listener.

Today, I was watching a re-run from 2009.  She was raking some guy and his second wife over the coals because they were suing his ex girlfriend for an unpaid cable bill and furniture.  Granted, the guy was a loser, paying $266 a month in child support.  That is a shameful pittance.  But they were not there to talk about child support.

Ol' Judy immediately blasts the guy, telling him to get his wife to back off.  She brings up the guy's 12 year old daughter and tells stepmom that the kid is none of her business.  Guess what, Judy.  The kid IS her business...  unless, of course, stepmom doesn't have to have anything at all to do with the kid and isn't expected to do anything for her.  Is the guy a loser?  Yes.  But he's not the only loser in that situation.  He sure was taking all the heat, though.  And they were there to talk about an unpaid cable bill and furniture that wasn't returned, not unpaid child support.  That is a separate matter.

I don't like Judge Judy anyway, because she's so incredibly rude and offensive to the people who come before her.  She acts like someone who needs a mental enema and a long vacation, in that order.

People love Judge Judy, though.  They think it's funny to watch her verbally abuse people.  And I suppose anyone who would be on her show deserves what they're going to get.  She's never nice to anyone.  She's entertaining, only because people love to watch a fight.  But when you are a judge, there is an imbalance of power.  And the poor saps who show up on Judge Judy end up on the receiving end of her bullying.

Judge Judy may be smart and accomplished, but she's a terrible role model. Fuck her.  Really.  Maybe that would be the best way to solve her problems.

An example of Judy's charm...




New comments are not allowed on this post.


14 comments:

  1. This is her TV personality for her show ! She comes off nasty, arrogant and vicious on purpose for the ratings. Of course, she is a Jew, and they are naturally opinionated, arrogant, pushy and demanding ! These traits come naturally for Jews. On her show, this personality is purposely put forward, so the ratings stay high. Actually, if you see her on TV off her show,as a guest, she appears very nice and likable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aware that she does what she does for the ratings. I still vehemently disagree with her dismissive attitude toward stepparents and her bullying personality makes her that much less appealing. Moreover, I doubt her religious beliefs/race have that much to do with why she is the way she is on camera. Like you said, it's for ratings and entertainment value, which makes her all the more obnoxious.

      I'm certain that off camera, as Judy Shiendlin, she's a different person, but I only see her as Judge Judy.

      Delete
  2. I agree 100% She is the biggest bully who gets paid a ton of money to bully. It shows people still love a train wreck and will go out of their way to watch. Makes you wonder about public hypocrisy on Bullying. When JJ tells someone "hurry up, I have other things to do" or "um is not an answer".. you just want to reach through and smack her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is she doing her job when she dismisses 90% of her cases?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess the argument could be made that as long as people are watching her show, she's doing her job. But people who sign up for that show should know that she's going to be a complete jerk to them. I don't see how that makes her a good judge… it just makes her entertaining to some people. It's a pity that she's so abrasive. She is in a position to actually teach people things about the law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely despise Judge Judy. She's a bitch and she rules on piss-poor gut instinct. She pulls rulings right out of her smelly ass. She disgusts me. Why the hell she still has a show truly amazes me. She a fucking cunt bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have added... when her show comes on I change the channel. She makes me want to puke.

      Delete
    2. One more thing... I really like the other judge shows I've seen. The others I've seen are fair, knowledgeable, intelligent and respectful, for the most part.

      Delete
    3. LOL. Now tell us how you REALLY feel!

      Delete
  6. The thing is, though, that Judge Judy is always right. If people actually listen to her and learn the lessons she teaches through her show, she would be out off business. Her rulings and reactions are all based on common sense and what any reasonable person would do my. What you quickly learn on the show, though, is no one uses common sense and thus they deserve the knockdown she is known to give to those who deserve it. She is a hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is always right, Timthy. Moreover, when you are rude and condescending to people, they are less likely to want to hear your message, no matter how right it is. A major part of successful communication is being heard and understood. If you're a bitch and insult people, they won't listen to you. They'll be too busy trying to come up with a response... Of course, since Judy is a judge, people can't necessarily respond the way they might want to. But I'm pretty sure that a lot of them tune out when she starts yelling at them.

      In my view, if she cared a little more about her delivery and less about being a bitch for the sake of her ratings, she'd be more of a hero. But that's not what pays the bills. ;)

      Delete
    2. Timothy, if she is a 'hero' then Jesus must be the devil. She has no regard for others and doesn't think twice about calling them 'stupid' 'jerks' and humiliating them. She's ugly, inside and out.

      Delete
  7. She's a nasty bitch...albeit a filthy rich one. If she had kids, I bet they hate her as much as we do. I would love just ONE person who doesn't care about the outcome, to stand up to her...say something 'nice' like:
    Well, Judge, I know you enjoy putting others down and calling them names but you give your profession a bad name. Calling people names and yelling at them does not require intelligence.

    ReplyDelete