Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hangover Heaven

This morning, my cousin's girlfriend alerted me to the existence of a special service for drunks in Las Vegas.  Dubbed Hangover Heaven, this service is owned and operated by Dr. Jason Burke, a Duke University trained anesthesiologist.  Starting at $130 a pop, payable in cash or by credit card, you can be treated for your hangover by Dr. Burke's staff, who will administer an IV that consists of fluids, pain relievers, anti-inflammatories, and antacids.  After 45 minutes, you should be ready to party again.

Having endured my share of nasty hangovers, I can understand why a person would want to pay for a cure like this, especially if they are on vacation and looking for a good time.  On the other hand, I kind of wonder why a highly trained doctor would get into the business of curing hangovers...  I'm sure the business is lucrative and less stressful than anesthesiology is.  It probably affords a nicer lifestyle, too.  But wow... he went through college, med school, and the rest of the training required to become a doctor only to become a businessman dedicated to taking care of drunks.

Ah well... I guess it's the American way!  I've never been to Vegas, but if I ever go, I'd almost be tempted to try the Hangover Heaven cure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.