Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Here comes the sun...

This year, the weather has been unseasonably warm.  It's late January and we have yet to see any snow.  There have been days when I've spotted people wearing shorts.  Many days, I don't need a jacket to go outside.

Still, we have had a lot of damp, rainy weather lately.  For the past several days, it's been positively gloomy outside.  This morning, we finally have some sun.  As I gaze outside at all the leaves I have yet to rake up since they fell two months ago, I feel a slight pang of guilt.  I probably should go out there and rake the leaves.  I probably will do that before spring hits.

It's hard to believe that last year, we lived in a state further south that is not known for snow.  January was riddled with snowstorms and ice.  This year, we live further north and have yet to see a snowflake.

The temperate weather hasn't stopped me from fantasizing about taking a tropical vacation, though.  My spouse is less partial to the beach than I am.  He would rather hit the mountains.

I have to admit, I don't have much to say today.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.