Monday, December 12, 2011

YouTube.com... the source of much undiscovered talent...

Seems like there are a lot of folks out there on YouTube that fancy themselves artistes of some sort.  Or maybe there are just a lot of people out there who think they have something important to say.  I have never posted a video of myself on YouTube, mainly because I don't think I would be very good at it.  I like to cut up and crack jokes.  I'm a hell of a singer.  But when it comes to being on camera, I have a tendency to freeze up.  I am not comfortable on film at all.  Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated by some of the YouTube personalities I have discovered over the years.

Weird Wilbur is probably the first YouTube star I connected with.  I actually found him when he posted a rant about Mormonism.  Since my husband is a former member of the church and has been disowned by his family, in part, because he doesn't agree with it anymore, I was interested in what Wilbur had to say. Wilbur has since taken down that video, but after watching it, I did find myself checking out some of his other videos.  And that's when I discovered Wilbur's hilarious music...



The above link is to a song that is one of Wilbur's best known hits.  I just happened to have it on my mind this morning.  Between the music and Wilbur's thoughts of life, I find plenty to entertain me when the stuff on TV gets too boring.





"Chickenshit" is my favorite Weird Wilbur song...


But say I'm in the mood for something truly weird...  weirder than Weird Wilbur...


Then I go to Reid Baer's channel, where I can hear him recite original poetry while dressed in costumes...




Or listen to him rant about odd topics...


Or even hear him sing original songs...


Or talk about his hobbies...

When I want to learn something new or think about something profound, I turn to Lithodid Man.


In fact, Lithodid Man even got me to read a new book...


Yep... I owe a lot to YouTube.  From old commercials to new music to new talent, it's definitely one of my favorite places to spend quality time...  It beats reality TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.