Sunday, January 1, 2012

An hour and a half to go...

Before it's 2012...

I wasn't planning to write again today, but I figure I might as well...  Pretty soon, everything will have a 2012 label on it.

It's hard to believe how quickly this year went by... and how a year ago, I lived in another state.  2011 was a pretty good year for me.  It wasn't the best year, but it was good enough.  I have nothing but hope that next year will be even better.  I feel optimistic... even as I stare at my spare tire and third bottle of wine.  Yeah, I shared it with my husband...

Anyway, 2011 was an interesting year.  It was a bad year for despots.  Bin Laden, Quaddafi, and Kim Jong Il each bit the dust.  It was a good year for veterans, since the Iraq War finally ended.  It was a bad year for Amy Winehouse, who died way too young.  It was a good year for us... because my husband no longer has to deal with his skanky ex wife and her determination to brainwash her kids.  Yeah... she still has power over them, but they are now adults.  And their future is up to them.

I sound heartless, I know.  But if you walked a mile in my shoes and had to watch someone you love be treated the way my husband has been treated, you would probably identify.  It sucks.  It hurts.  I'm glad it's over.

I'm glad 2011 is over.  Bring on 2012...  hopefully, it will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.