Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our cruise part two...

On the second day of our cruise, we were in Montserrat.  I had heard interesting things about this Irish influenced island and would have liked to have had a look around, but my husband and I were feeling pretty sick from the rolling seas.  I felt so icky that day... I threw up in the morning and then later ended up having chicken broth and crackers for lunch because my stomach was so upset.  Some of my friends on Cruise Critic encouraged me to go get "the shot", which is supposed to curb seasickness.  In retrospect, I probably should have.  Who needs to waste a day on a fabulous cruise throwing up?

Luckily, we were feeling better as the day wore on.  We had a relatively light supper and went to bed early.  After a good night's sleep, my husband and I were right as rain and prepared to visit Isle des Saintes, a beautiful island in Guadeloupe.  I'd have to say this island was my favorite of the ones we visited, though it wasn't the most interesting.  I liked it because it was very civilized and because it's part of France!  I'm a little tired of the Caribbean at this point, but if I ever took a land-based vacation there, I think I'd want to stay in Guadeloupe.

That night, there was dancing in the main salon.  My husband hates to dance.  I managed to get him on the dance floor once, but he was so nervous and upset about it that I gave up trying to get him to boogie and just watched everybody else.  We went to bed early.  I was a little disappointed, since I do like dancing.  Oh well.  Maybe next time I'll just stay up and flirt.  On the plus side, I did ask my husband if he'd consider taking dance classes and he said he would...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.