Sunday, October 30, 2011

An unpleasant intruder in the ladies room...

A couple of days ago, I took my mother-in-law out to lunch.  In retrospect, I should have chosen a different place for us.  The restaurant I picked has a nice ambiance, but the food is just so-so and the service is hit or miss.

Unfortunately, on the day of our visit, the service was sucking pretty hard.  Our waitress told mom-in-law that there was no soup, even though she saw the table next to us get a bowl.  The food was slow coming out and just tasted barely average.

And then I went to use the ladies room, which is just a one room affair that supposedly has a door that locks.  To my great surprise, there was a big black guy in there, casually taking a whiz.  He hadn't locked the door and appeared to be some local yokel who had just come in for a pit stop.  I have no idea why the guy was in the ladies room.  The restaurant wasn't crowded or anything.

I backed out of the john quickly and went back to our booth.  I told mom-in-law I would just wait to pee when we got home.  Unfortunately, it took forever to get the freakin' waitress to run my credit card so we could beat it.  I wasn't too happy with our lunch trip, but at least the weather was still nice enough for me to put the top down on my convertible.

The next night, my husband, his mom, and I went out to a great local soul food restaurant.  We had a delightful meal.  As we were leaving, we talked to our favorite waitress.  I commented that I was glad there weren't any men in the ladies room.  It was at that point that I noticed a tall black guy standing by.  He had been waiting tables at the other place and evidently also works at the soul food restaurant.  He was working there when I ran into the dude who couldn't read and was chuckling when I commented on my unpleasant run-in with the guy whizzing in the ladies room.

Our latest town is pretty quirky, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.