Monday, October 10, 2011

There must be "honey" in the water...

So now that I have a new dentist, there's yet another woman calling me "honey".  This time, it's the twit who runs the reception.  She called me "honey" when I asked for an appointment, "sweetie" when I made an appointment for my crown replacement, and "honey" this morning when she called to confirm.  I haven't said anything about it because it seems like such a minor thing... And yet, it drives me crazy.

I think it's unprofessional for business people to call their clients by pet names.  I suppose next time, I can respond to her in kind...  I really should.

2 comments:

  1. I guess that's how they compensate for not getting to eat sweets anymore... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. People have told me it's a "southern" thing. I was born and raised in the South and I still think it's an irritating custom. It's different when it's someone you know... otherwise, it's someone who's too lazy to learn my name.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.