Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Damn dental woes...

I went to the dentist today for a cleaning.  I have one crown that has caused me issues since I first got it back in 2006.  The cleaning went great, but then the doctor came in and told me that the crown needs to be replaced.  She also said she suspects one of my front teeth is dead.  She came to that conclusion because one tooth is a little yellower than the other one is.  It's been that way for years and is hardly noticeable.  Nevertheless, she thinks it's dead and may eventually get infected.  She told me to keep an eye on it.

So now I have to go back next week to have my crown removed, decay cleaned up, and a new crown put on.  Thank God I have dental insurance.  $533 is our co-pay.  I have the money saved (thanks Epinions), but I sure wasn't wanting to spend it on a five year old failed crown.  What a huge pain in the ass.

I can only hope this new dentist knows what she's doing and gets the new crown right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.