Sunday, September 18, 2011

I had the BEST time last night!

About twelve years ago, I worked at a very busy restaurant in Virginia.  I hated the job but grew to love a lot of my co-workers.  They helped me get through a very tough time in my life.

So now that my husband and I live in North Carolina, we're near one of my old friends from that job and his wife.  My friend just had a birthday and threw himself a party.  He invited me and my husband to come help celebrate.

We had so much fun, remembering the old days, eating, drinking wine, and hanging out with their friends. It's been a long time since I had so much fun.  Getting together with them helped me feel a little less alone, too.  I've been feeling very isolated over the past few years.

Seeing my old friends, sharing them with my husband, and meeting new people is one of the coolest things in life.  I hope we can do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.