Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hurricane Irene is on the way...

I grew up in Virginia, so I am pretty well-versed in hurricanes.  Of course, hurricanes usually tend to hit North Carolina before they hit Virginia.  I found this to be the case when I was a student in South Carolina and would watch hurricanes make landfall to the north.  Looks like this time, I might very well be within striking distance of Hurricane Irene.

Should be interesting to see what happens, especially given the tornado that hit this area back in April.  Driving around the area, I can see plenty of evidence from that five minute storm that came through here in the spring.  The trees in the neighborhoods around our home are still sheared.  Pieces of metal and scrap are still lodged in tree trunks from when they were hurled through the air.  There are still plenty of boarded up, tarped homes.  I do hope that if this hurricane hits us, it doesn't do too much more damage.

On the other hand, there is something exciting about a good storm...  We'll see what happens.  Glad we didn't have plans to go to the beach this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.