Friday, August 5, 2011

AT&T Career Day commercial... How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...



Have you seen this commercial?  I cringe every time it comes on.  A hapless cable guy has come to a school to talk about his career.  He starts talking about his job when a smartass little girl shuts him down by telling him how useless he is because his company doesn't bundle its services with cell phone service.

The poor guy stands there while the entire classroom turns on him, including the teacher.  He slinks away, embarrassed, as a fireman is called to talk about his career.

As a kid, I was often a smartass, but the adults in my life were quick to put me in my place when I was disrespectful to them.  This ad shows how too many of today's kids can be so rude to adults.  Instead of being corrected for their asshole behavior, this ad celebrates it by showing the kid one-upping the adult.  It's no wonder so many rude kids grow up to be uncivilized adults who have a massive sense of entitlement.

Even if AT&T offers a better product than the cable company does, it's not the cable guy's fault.  He's just trying to make a living.  There's no need to make that guy feel like a loser.  At least he has a job, which might be more than I can say for a lot of the kids in that classroom if our economy doesn't pick up soon.



Anyway, this ad doesn't make me want to do business with A&T... or be a teacher.  It does make me want to send those kids to charm school, though.

4 comments:

  1. Amen, sister. I googled that ad in preparation to blog about how much I hate it - for the same reason you do - and your post came up. You've already said it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buwhahahaha! You would not believe how many people have found my blog because of my post about that ad. It really sucks, and highlights how rudeness and disrespect from kids is becoming all too acceptable in our society. I think you should blog about it too. Maybe if more consumers raised objections, the people who make the ads might take notice. Or maybe I'm just being naive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that sexy little blonde girl.I would love to eat her vagina and then have sexual intercourse with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eew. You are a sick puppy, hardon. You should keep your lusty thoughts to yourself before you get arrested.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.